Tuesday 30 December 2014

Yay, it's a sew-day!

I am working steadily along on Grand Illusion, it seems to be taking longer than it should.....and I'm only doing half of the pattern! Today I'm working on the units that have the green in them....

I shouldn't have any trouble getting this step done today, even though I have to run a couple of errands, one of those is picking up parcels at the post office. I was excited thinking it might be a dress I ordered that is a possible candidate for my wedding in July, but on thinking of it there is another possibility of it being  not such an exciting piece of mail. We'll see!

Back to Grand Illusion, I know of at least one friend who is completely up-to-date with all the units and probably anxiously awaiting for the next part due out on Friday. I don't know how she did it!?

As I wrote in yesterday's post, we tried a new recipe in the ActiFry for dinner. It turned out pretty good. The chicken was cooked to perfection, but there was just something missing in the flavour, I'm not just quite sure what though. It had curry, ginger and pineapple, so I don't know what else we could have added, but I'm sure we'll do this type of meal again in the "hairdryer" as Iain calls it.

Hmm, I think in the New Year, one of my goals will be to learn how to crop pictures on here :(

Also, yesterday, I was in a quandary on what to do but then I got a phone call that my rulers had arrived at The Quilting Bee in Fonthill. I had taken some classes there in September with Linda Hrcka of The Quilted Pineapple. At the time, Linda was close to finishing the design and manufacture of her very own rulers and I have bought myself some. I can't wait to try them out, I have a client's quilt set aside waiting for techniques using them.
So the afternoon was spent with a good friend on an outing to Fonthill. Good time had by all, lol !! I have to admit I came across a "have to have it" .....something else to add to the loooong list of quilts I must do. Of course, it's always fun, too, helping a friend spend her money on fabric....maybe just as enjoyable as buying for oneself???....I think so!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Your new project will be beautiful and so full of meaning! Love it!
    I'm so looking forward to starting my new project, too! Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete