Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Well, it's a dull, dreary, but mild, day. A good day to devote to a bit of organizing in the sewing room? Maybe!

I think every year at this time I try to think of a new way to become a more organized person, and it never works :(    There must be some method that will help. I do have to say that little by little there are items in the studio that are finding a nice, labelled home and once they have a home they seem to stay there. So maybe the secret is to just perservere, slowly but surely? I guess the state of the studio gets me down at this time of year because since I'm on "vacation" the last 2 weeks of December everything seems to get stuffed in there over Christmas. Tomorrow is "back to work" day, so it would help to have a bit of a fresh start.

In another "what was I thinking" moment, I purchased a new pattern over the holidays. It's a quilt called Life Is Beautiful and you can click here to see a picture of part of the quilt. What drew me first was the beauty of the book/pattern itself.....

In the foreground is a lovely fabric that will be used for the embroidery. Now to find my small embroidery hoop which I haven't used in years. A quick trip to Port Dover this afternoon may be in order!

I don't know when I expect to work on this project! I'll have to make it a certain kind of project, maybe one that is worked on at guild meetings? Or just tell myself to complete two little "circles" per month? hmmm....

I think I'll get a block ready soon, though, as it is embroidered using a variegated floss and I'm looking forward to seeing how that looks.

Now I'm procrastinating so I'll say "have a good day" and be heading up to the studio to start a bit of organizing....or put the last 2 blocks of Grand Illusion together!...haha.....

2 comments:

  1. Love your logic.....finding a home for things....if they stay then they must belong....good thinking.......

    Your new quilt looks fascinating...wow.....looking forward to updates with pics....

    hugs and stitches

    Debbie A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in the organizing stage for my sewing room. I love your new project! It will be beautiful and so meaningful!! I look forward to seeing your Grand Illusion!

    ReplyDelete