Monday 22 December 2014

Last, but not least!

I wonder how everyone is doing on there Christmas preparations? We are doing very good this year!

We have our big family dinner on Christmas Eve. Years ago, when my four children were still quite young, we would make the Christmas Day trek to the different grandparents houses like always. It was always so good, but at one point when the kids were that young, by dinnertime they would be sugared out and cranky from getting up early and dealing with all the excitement. That's when we started having our own little turkey dinner the night before, visiting grandparents in the day on Christmas, then making our way back home for leftovers. It just turned out easier and saner for us, so we stuck to that and made our own tradition.

Another bonus to this tradition, now that my kids are grown, is that they are free to go to their significant others Christmas celebrations on Christmas day with out having to alternate or pick&choose. Love it!

So, today is a day of "lasts". I have the last of the cookies to bake, the very last of the presents to wrap (only 3 or 4!) and the last outing for last-minute things! I also finished the last block for this year of Flower Garden (by Kim McLean) seen here....

I've been keeping up good with this applique project and am looking forward to doing the next blocks in the new year.

 For the next few days, my early morning applique will be my "circles". I'd like to have them all stitched by the end of January so this can become a finished quilt top soon! Last week I purchased the border fabrics and I think it's going to look great. I'm already thinking of quilting designs that would look nice on it. Hmmm, maybe if I put it on my calendar for February it will give me a bit of a kick to get it done?

I also think this may be the last posting I do til after Christmas, but who knows!!!

Have a great day!

P.S. I saw a parody on the news this morning of George Clooney's appearance of Downton Abbey, I'll have to youtube it to see the whole thing. If I do find it, I'll try to post the link. Only a couple of weeks til the new season....woohoo! I wish I could say the same for Outlander ! smc

No comments:

Post a Comment