Wednesday 10 December 2014

Last post about Buddy....unless he comes back....

I'm feeling quite bummed out this morning. Up til now I've felt like Buddy could frolic back into our household at any moment. Everytime I go past a window I have a look. When I am in the car I'm scanning the scenery for a black spot in the distance. Today, though, I think he really may not be back. We will try an ad in the Sachem next week. It's a free paper that everyone in the area gets so maybe it's worth a try.
I think what still has my stymied is how completely out of character it is for Buddy to wander. Hopefully he's just caught the scent of an interesting female and will come back when the romance is over!

Like I said in the title of my post, I will try not to be such a downer and only report back on Buddy if he shows up one day.

On a quilty note, here are two quilts I quilted on the longarm this past week for a good friend of mine...
They are both beautiful and very well done! The second one is what I would call a Spiderweb quilt, but I think it's also known as a Kaleidoscope. It's a pattern I've wanted to do for at least ten years! I even have a beautiful fabric I've been saving for where the black is in this particular quilt!

I don't think I'll have time for doing much piecing on Grand Illusion but it will make me happy to just get the sewing lines marked on the back of all the 2.5" squares! The black squares will be tough, I think I'm running out of "ink" in my white marking pens. Maybe I'll try the new gadget I bought last month!
It's the stiletto-like pen I bought from the Thimblelady site. It's been working well so far for marking my applique. I think I'll try it on my black squares today.

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment