Tuesday 16 December 2014

A Surprise Christmas Gift!

This is a post more geared to those of us over 50....you'll understand exactly how it is!

I think it's a common thing that when we turn 50 that our memories seem to turn to mush. (I keep holding on to the hope that when I turn 60, it all comes back?!)

Well, there's the odd time when this lapse in memory can result in a pleasant surprise.

This summer we went on a nice weekend trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan. What a lovely weekend in such lovely atmosphere! There is a Christmas store there the size of three football fields. As soon as you walk in you're straining your neck looking at all the decorations....from floor to ceiling! I got a nice gift for my son there and they personalized it on the spot. I also got this nice little ornament for myself as a keepsake of our trip....

It's like a little glass pillow. So cute.

I had remembered that I'd bought the gift for Casey, but when I went to dig it out of it's hiding spot I discovered this quilty ornament. I had totally forgotten, but what a great surprise to myself....like a Christmas present from my wayward memory! haha

As for the Quiltville mystery, I was able to spend an hour at it yesterday and got Part 2 all sewn up, just needs pressing. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to start Part 3!  I have two days of longarm work to do and then I am officially on vacation....can't wait! Then the baking and wrapping can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment