Tuesday 9 December 2014

Christmas is on the way!

We all know that Christmas comes at the same time every year. We even know how fast it sneaks up on us after Hallowe'en. But it wasn't til a nice chat with my friend this morning that I was jolted into realising that it's coming up even faster than I thought! I'll be taking a drive to Caledonia today so I think I'd better make a detour to Canadian Tire for some gift tags and wrapping paper!

I've said that I won't be doing the Christmas baking that I normally do....cuz we all know what happens after the Christmas guests are long gone.....I end up eating it for the next 2 weeks. Not this year (I said with determination!). Then, of course, you get the kids hoping for the favourites. Son #2 has already put his order in for PB squares, Sweet Marie Bars and Boterkoek. I think I had narrowed it down to only two this year; Sweet Marie Bars and Empire cookies. Hmmm, but how about the rum balls for Grandma????

I started my day out today with a little work on Urban Owls. Working with perle cotton and wool applique is fairly new to me so my stitches are nothing to write home about, but then I figured to not fret about it. It'll come....I just need to allow myself to be a beginner.

Have a great day....

1 comment:

  1. Urban owls looks like so much fun! I think your stitches are great! You are having fun, that is the point.

    ReplyDelete