Monday 29 December 2014

"Relax"

I think instead of New Year's Resolutions for 2015 I will focus on the word "relax". I do think when we make resolutions, we are probably being unrealistic, so I think I will choose a word instead. It's already been pointed out to me though, that "relaxing" may not be realistic with a wedding to plan this next year!.....but I think it can work. I'll think about it for the next couple of days.

One thing I am definitely resolute about is that tomorrow is garbage day, and that means any remaining sweets are out to the curb after today! Sweets are my weakness but I have had enough of the sluggish, foggy feeling that comes with overindulgence of food and sugar!

I wonder what everyone is up to today? I am still on Christmas holidays for a couple of days and have been looking forward to a couple of days of just sewing. I'm a little behind on my Grand Illusion and a couple of days would be great to getting caught up. I've been doing a bit of sewing/applique on Urban Owls and here is how it looks this morning.....only a couple of leaves and bumblebees and this centre section will be complete...

Yes, I had no problem giving myself a couple of sew-days, but now I have the thought of going to the movies to catch a matinee. I'd really like to see Into The Woods. I'll think about it. I'd also like to get the Christmas tree taken down. Hmmm, too many ideas distracting me from Bonnie's mystery....maybe I should just head up to the sewing machine and stick to the original plan!!!

One thing I AM looking forward today is dinner. We have had great success with the ActiFry this year, even for chicken wings. Iain had his doubts but even the "wing-connoisseur" that he is, he had to admit the wings were the best.....and no added oil.  We did do a test-run for risotto before Christmas, thinking that that would be awesome if it worked....but, no, it was a bust. We made our traditional risotto for Christmas dinner much to my grandson's delight. He usually has two or three servings and takes a doggy bag home with him!

Today I am going to try something different though, Saucy Chicken with Pineapple. Hope it works because it looks good in the photo!

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you again! I hope your Christmas and your holidays have been everything wonderful!

    ReplyDelete