Tuesday 2 December 2014

Food, Bonnie's Mystery....Christmas must be on it's way!

Well, I had a nice evening with friends last evening at the Haldimand Guild enjoying the first of many Christmas feasts! Today I am in for Round 2 at the Norfolk Guild...meeting for a pot luck lunch before our afternoon meeting today. It's always a huge meal since they have approximately 100 members participating!

Another sign of Christmas was myself keeping cozy this morning during my applique/coffee time. I have brought out this quilt....

This was a quilt made many years ago with a group of friends and we referred to it as the Brown Bag Quilt exchange. Each of us picked our own theme and made a block. The project was then passed from friend to friend on a monthly basis until maybe a year later we got our blocks back and were able to see what everyone had contributed. I've been involved in many of this type of exchange over the years, some were great and some not so much :(  but this one is a keeper! After all this time, I did the first little repair this morning. As I sat there with my morning coffee, I noticed a little leaf on the "partridge" block had come a bit loose. Not bad for being used all these years! Many of these blocks were made by quilters who are still my good friends today.

I did finish the quilt top yesterday that is to be done for Christmas this year. This means that I can start on Grand Illusion. I don't have much time today, what with getting ready for the guild meeting today, but I will do a little this morning so I can at least say that I started! Here are some of my fabrics that I picked so far for the mystery....

One of the neutrals I'm not too sure about and I should look for a few more greens and pinks in the stash, I think....but it's enough to get me started!

That's all for now, hopefully I'll add another post later if I get a block done!

Update:  I had to get a block done before getting ready for potluck/guild! You understand that compulsion, don't you?????  lol

 


1 comment:

  1. You only got one??? block done? Thank you for the lovely company today!

    ReplyDelete