Thursday 4 December 2014

Thursday already & I'm not ready for clue #2!

There won't be much time for quilting today, but I did manage to make headway on some binding this morning. Many times quilters ask me for advice on what to use for a binding and many times I suggest they consider striped fabric....either running perpendicular to the quilt or sewn on on the diagonal (really nice!). Here is mine on this quilt and it's looking very nice!





I would like to do a bit on Grand Illusion today but I'll have to be disciplined and work on a customer quilt first. That won't be a hardship because I love the quilt....one that Bonnie Hunter has done on her website, funny enough! I did get all the half-squares done yesterday, here they are all chain-pieced and waiting to be cut apart from each other....

This was a gadget I received as a gift a couple of years ago called The Cutting Gizmo and you can see it in use here   and is a product from The Gypsy Quilter. It's quite useful when you have a long chain of units to snip apart! I did get the HST's all pressed so even if I could get the yellow and black squares cut I will feel good! And, yes, it was later in the day when this photo was taken, you can see a bit of wine glass in the picture....a much needed break at the end of the day!

Now, to get ready for my drive into the city for my appointment. I get so anxious at the thought, but will just go get it over with so I can spend the afternoon in my studio, or as a friend once called it, "the lounge"!

1 comment: