Friday 12 December 2014

Costco...2 weeks before Christmas? no way!

I know we need a couple of things soon from Costco, but the thought of going either of these two weekends before Christmas just made me cringe! I thought we could maybe go Saturday as soon as they open....but then remembered that tomorrow morning is the monthly meeting at Quilt Junction in Waterford for the mystery BOM....can't miss that!!

So I went this morning to Costco first thing and got the important things...

Well, I did need a couple of other things, but really needed to be stocked up on coffee so we don't run out at Christmas. This is a box of there own brand made for Keurig coffee makers. I've tried a few but we both really like Kirkland. We did make a trip to ECS Coffee last weekend to get a few other necessities...decaf, hot chocolate, etc. It's nice there because you can pick and choose and make up an assortment. They had some nice ones for Christmas like "Winter Wonderland" and "Winter Carnival" and one with "Santa" in the title but I can't remember the name because it's long been drank (drunk?). I think it's nice to have an assortment this time of year!

I have taken an hour this afternoon to finally get a few blocks sewn on Part 2 of Grand Illusion! The blocks look great. There is the odd time I will press my seams open. I pressed the seam open where I have sewn the two halves together on this unit and I highly recommend it. The intersection looks good and lies nice and flat.

Now to sit and make a list of what I need to get at the bulk food store for my Christmas baking. I wasn't going to do much this year, but it's what we do, right??? lol

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful! I love the scrappy look to them.

    ReplyDelete