Tuesday 3 March 2015

Coming in like a lion?

Well, it's March (yay!) and it seems it will come in with a storm today. That's what they're saying anyway. The weatherman is calling for snow, ice pellets and freezing rain....sounds like a day to hunker down and hide away in the sewing room!

The only problem with that is that I have a guild meeting this afternoon, and I was really looking forward to going. I'm making a nice Greek orzo salad right now to take for my lunch. Oh well, I'll make a choice in a couple of hours whether to venture out or not.

I also had a guild meeting last night in Hagersville. One of our members did a great presentation on the uses of a couple of rulers. One of them was the Creative Grid Pineapple Ruler which you can see HERE. She did a great tutorial and by the reaction of the crowd, I'd say we were all impressed and wanting to try this method in the future.

She also showed us a way to make a "microwave fabric bowl". This was an easy but ingenious idea of making a bowl from fabric and batting to hold a bowl of food in the microwave. When the food is cooked/warmed you hold onto the fabric to remove from the microwave, thus avoiding touching the hot bowl/food. Love it....and will try it!!!

Actually, I've just googled fabric bowls and come across this on youtube...HERE. I haven't watched the whole thing but it looks similar to what we were shown last night. I wish now I'd taken a picture of LM's bowls last night!

I had a client pick up a quilt yesterday. It was fun to quilt since I got to use a new-to-me panto design that I hadn't tried yet called "Gecko" by Willow Leaf Design.

Here's a picture of part of the front of the quilt. I'm sure that the picture doesn't show the quilting, but you can see how her choices of fabric really went with the gecko theme!

Lovely shades of tan and blue! Here's a close-up of the back and hopefully you can see the gecko design. I like how it turned out and the stitching-path of the geckos.

Well, I don't think that shows up at all! I think my next goal will be to learn to take better pictures for blog purposes!.....and to remember to take pictures, period!....lol

Have a great day....and stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to have missed last night! It sounds like it was a good night. I will try the fabric bowls. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete