Friday 27 February 2015

A mystery, for sure!

I've been working on a Monthly Mystery BOM through one of the guilds I belong to. The last couple of days I thought it would be nice to get caught up before our meeting on Monday.

I've worked on many mystery quilts over the years. My philosophy is to enjoy the process and hope for the best in the end. I do expect clear and concise directions, though! This one has been a bit of a challenge.

Here's a picture of what is sewn so far...

 I'm using some fairly contemporary fabrics which are fun and a bit out of my norm. I am doing the twin size and to give you an idea of the trouble I'm having I'll tell you about the four-patches. The instructions said to have 12" of background, so I bought a half yard. Then we get to last month and were told to cut thirteen 2" strips.....huh???? Even my half yard wouldn't be enough....so I decided to just carry on and do what I could and hope it turns out in the end.

I was able to get 8 strips out of my background. In the next month, we were told to have 68 fourpatches made up. Well, that only required 6.5 of my strips....I'm glad I hadn't had enough to cut the 13 strips we were told to cut in the previous directions, they would have been wasted!

This is a Canada-wide mystery quilt. I hope others are doing better than I am at understanding the instructions. Maybe I'm just reading the pattern wrong? Anyone out there having the same problems, or is it just me???

On a side note, my back has given me problems for the last week or so. I thought I felt relief yesterday, but now it feels like my back is breaking in half. Maybe this explains the whiny post today???

Have a great day! I think this should be the last of the awful cold temperatures....at least, that's my hope! Hopefully, my snowbird friend is having a nice warm winter in her neck of the woods (although I'm quite envious). 

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the colours you have chosen.
    It's a rainy dull day here today, but tomorrow 80 degrees and holding!
    from one of your snowbird friends xo
    D.

    ReplyDelete