Tuesday 10 March 2015

Urban Owls Update

One more day closer to Spring.....love it!

Today with my morning coffee, I decided to get a bit caught up on my Urban Owls BOM. I recently pieced 6 blocks and they all need circles appliqued to the centres of the blocks.


I have three of them done (upper right of photo) and perhaps tomorrow morning I'll do the other three (lower left). As I put the quilt up on the design wall, I realized I haven't sewn a narrow border on after the flying geese....something to catch up on later today possibly.

I also still haven't gotten around to appliqueing some bumble-bees to the original middle block. Looking good so far, though, nice and colourful and also a bit bigger than I imagined!

Then next block in this project is an interesting-looking one, I don't think I've seen it before....Queen of the May. Here's a picture of a picture of the block (I haven't done it yet)..


The pattern says it's a popular block....I guess in Australia where this pattern originates? Maybe other people are familiar with this block, but it's new to me and I'm looking forward to it. Two of these blocks are needed for the quilt and there are acrylic templates to use in the construction. 

Yesterday I had fun quilting this lovely, peaceful-looking quilt. It was done by quilting flowing, breezy lines in the sky section and watery lines in the lake. Very nice quilt to work on, and made me dream of the weeks to come when I can enjoy my backyard again!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with your owls! It is becoming such a fun quilt. Yesterday's quilt brings summer memories!

    ReplyDelete