Thursday 5 March 2015

Every quilt finds a home...

There are some people who make a quilt when the need arises. There are some who make quilts just for the sake of it and know that someday that quilt will find it's true purpose.

I am of the second ilk. I don't know how many times a quilt has turned out to be perfect for something that just "comes up". A while ago I made a quilt top from a Nancy Rink design. I'm pretty sure I ordered her hand-dyed fabrics to do it with, as well. I'm sure this was more that seven years ago, maybe as much as ten.

I finished the top.....the it just hung in the closet. I don't know why I never quilted it...no idea.

A few months ago, my local church group approached me and asked if I could make them a quilt to help raise money. I said "no"...I really didn't even have time to do my own piecing!....but I did tell them that I had a few tops hanging in the closet and would be glad to quilt one of those up for them! They agreed, and today I delivered the quilt to them and they were quite pleased!

So this is an example of a quilt finally finding it's true purpose....it took a while, but it was perfect for the situation and that makes me very happy. I truly wanted this to be an out and out donation, but the ladies were insistent that I take something....so I agreed to accepting enough to treat three of us to lunch at Twisted Lemon on Saturday. I'll make a reservation but have a sneaky feeling I will have to cancel....there's a bit of bug going around the house :(

This morning I changed things up and started my morning with a bit of embroidery on my Life is Beautiful quilt. My stitches aren't quite what they used to be but it's all about the journey!


1 comment:

  1. Your donation quilt is beautiful! i'm sure it will bring lots of tickets sold!
    Your embroidery looks great! This will be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete