Sunday 8 March 2015

Let the melt-down begin!

Last summer we planted two new cherry trees. I think they've been buried in snow up to 2/3rd's of their height, I hope they've survived the winter. Here's how one of them looks as of Saturday....this will be my measuring stick to the upcoming melting of the snow!


As usual, I'm starting my day with a little handwork. I think I will be taking it easy today....I've been denying for a couple of days that I was coming down with whatever it is Iain has had, but today I have to admit I'm definitely ill. So maybe I have an excuse to sit and enjoy my applique or embroidery.

This little block is almost done. It's from my Life is Beautiful project. I'm liking that by the time the piece is complete, the inspirational message really sinks in. I'm also loving the use of the variegated floss. This also happens to be the project that Kathy is working on on her blog, Kathy's Quilts.


Check out Kathy's blog today so you can see what other people are stitching on on this first day of Daylight Savings (yay!).

Spring is definitely on the way....I can feel the yearning to be able to enjoy my backyard in the evenings!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful embroidery you're working on. I'm so surprised to see that you have snow, much snow. We don't have, and we may even smell sping by now. Hope the snow will melt in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to stitchin in my gazebo this summer, but for today, stitching inside will have to do! I love the block you are stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that we are making the same project! It is true that stitching a block and thinking about the message does make it stick with you! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are all looking forward to some outside time. I planted two flowering cherries three years ago so I am looking forward to what they will do this spring. We had a few blossoms last year and they have grown. Love the project that you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that block! I'm definitely sorry I didn't get it. So sorry that you are not feeling well. TLC is needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The melting has begun here on Long Island. I love the message on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete