Friday 20 March 2015

What's the Word of the Day????

Spring!





Image result for cherry blossom imagesToday we welcome Spring....those words just bring a smile to my face!


I like many colours for many different reasons, but I think my favourite is the green colour of  Weeping Willows as the leaves first start to come out. To me, the fresh, pretty colour is the epitome of the feeling of Spring.

There's also the sight of  cherry trees in bloom. So pretty! Cherry trees are very sentimental for my family for many reasons/memories. I have missed our trees that died in 2008. Last year Iain bought me two new trees to plant in our backyard. I posted this picture lately of the snow covering half the height of one of trees...

We'll soon see if the trees "took".....I hope so! Maybe we'll see some pretty little blossoms soon!

It was quite a day yesterday....I think I came close to breaking a finger on each hand....luckily just bruised. I also had coffee with a new friend and got to know her a bit better. I bought myself a pretty piece of jewelry just because you just have to do it sometimes, right??  And, seeing the "empty nest" in the near future, doesn't life throw a curveball and land one of my birds back home. Although, as my children know, they will always have an open door here. It just hurts to have one of your own in turmoil....but we all know that.

Another milestone yesterday was this...

My last circle to applique! All the blocks are now done and ready to trim. I'm kinda excited and wish I could just have at it today! A lot of times it takes a bit of agonizing on how to quilt a quilt....but this one has been speaking to me for a while and I'm looking forward to getting it on the longarm....hopefully in May. I'd like to have it done and added to the repertoire for my next "trunk" show!

With this morning's coffee, I worked a bit on some Urban Owl blocks....



Have a great day....and take time to do the "happy dance" for Spring!!!

Image result for Snoopy dancing image



1 comment:

  1. I am always in awe of all you accomplish! The circle quilt is going to be wonderful!! Love the owl blocks. Enjoy this new Spring season!!

    ReplyDelete