Saturday 21 March 2015

mmmmm...meatballs!

We had yet another successful Pinterest meal last night. It is called Chicken Meatballs in a Cream Sauce and can be found HERE. The nice part of the "cream" sauce is that I substituted the sour cream with greek yogurt as the recipe suggested could be done and you'd never know the difference!

 I have to say that lately anytime I need sour cream I've been using greek yogurt without a problem. The recipe turned out fantastic...the only thing we did was add a bit of Chicken Bisto since our sauce didn't thicken up quite enough.

In the end, yummy results....will definitely make this one again!!!











Chicken Meatballs in a Cream Sauce @NatashasKitchen

It's a quiet Saturday....nothing urgent needs doing. This weekend my two oldest are in a hockey tournament nearby and since it's been a long time since I've seen them play, I think I'll take in a game this afternoon.

I've also been poking around in the sewing room. I have decided that this is the week to tackle what is probably my oldest UFO.

In February 2004 I attended a small quilt display at a church in Jarvis. An antique quilt caught my eye and I was dazzled by it. Funny thing was that that Spring I bought an issue of a quilt magazine and there was a version of the same quilt, called Sunburst!

I got right at it and hand-pieced the nine Sunburst blocks very quickly. They went together beautifully! Then.....nothing! Who knows why I couldn't get the setting blocks done and get the quilt together. It has sat on the shelf  all these years....just occasionally having a look and promising myself that it would be done "one day"!

Well, for the second year, I've had this project on my guild's UFO competition. Didn't even look at it last year.

When I booked to go on retreat in January, I was determined that this project was coming along with me. I have to say, I did pretty good....the nine-patches pretty-well got done! 

Today is the day to get the components up onto the design wall with full intentions of sewing it together this week....and here is how it looks ....


The beige is actually the design wall. White background fabrics will go in-between the nine-patches.

Within the week I'll post a picture of the top....all done!!!


2 comments:

  1. The recipe looks yummy! I will have to try it.
    The quilt is saying 'My turn to shine!" I look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound yummy and I just love those sunbursts. I'll bet they are happy to be getting some attention. Did you appliqué them?

    ReplyDelete