Sunday 22 March 2015

Sunday Stitches

A nice peaceful beginning for a Sunday. I've started a new block in my Life is Beautiful project.

Hopefully I can spend an hour preparing some kind of applique today...I have nothing ready, which is so unusual for me!

Check out Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching post today for a peek at what other hand-stitchers are up to today!

I had another picture I thought of sharing, but have decided it's a bit too graphic. I went to watch my oldest two play in a hockey tournament yesterday. I haven`t seen them play in a few years, so it was enjoyable and brought back memories of my "hockey mom" days.

I remarked during the game that it was disturbing to see them all out there with no face-masks or neck guards, which all these young men would have grown up being used to wearing. I also commented that I bet they all had there "cups" on.........aren't eyes, necks and faces just as valuable as the nether-parts????? Oh, well...just a mom's point-of-view!

Of course, now that I said that, doesn't #2 son get cross-checked across the mouth/chin!!! Down he went on his hands and knees for a few minutes and when he stood up I was sure he must have a brokenn nose. Nope! One tooth and another half  tooth broken off and stitches required across the chin. He was thoughtful enough to send me a pic from the emergency room.

I think I'll stick to watching the little ones play their sports.

Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for not showing the injury photo... those are stitches of a different kind :)
    Fun to see which block you are sewing on your L.I.B. quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I appreciate the no photo - my imagination is making it graphic enough =) Hope he is ok. Enjoy your stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is looking great! So sorry he got hurt! He was so thoughtful to send a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery is very pretty. Why is it that grown men believe they are invincible? Glad you didn't share that photo.

    ReplyDelete