Saturday 31 January 2015

Saturday....and some free time!

What a nice peaceful morning....even though the sky looks so bleak out there!

I have my errands run and some ironing done. Now I find myself with a couple of hours to do with what I choose. I could do a bit of housework, but I know I'm going to do a bit of piecing up in the studio. I think I'll work on my Nature's Neutrals for a bit. Here's a picture on one block...and many, many more are needed! They will finish at 4.5"....

They are cute blocks, and all different, except for the fact that they are all neutral fabrics.

I finished working on a custom quilt this week. The piecing was perfect, it was a delight to work on. An added bonus was being able to have the perfect quilt to try some new techniques on.

After finishing that quilt, I put my "Raise the Barn Roof High" on for a quick basting on the longarm....

This morning I was able to sit quietly with my coffee and put the first few stitches into the quilt. It's hard to describe the feeling as you quilt those first stitches but I like it! I'm going to do one giant spiral from the centre out. The first bit is drawn on with a template, but after that it will be a bit of freehand. I hope it looks good in the end. It's not a large quilt, so it won't take long.....and it will be something crossed off my UFO list at one of the guilds I go to!





Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing this with the quilting. It will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete