Sunday 18 January 2015

Rainy Days and Sundays...

Yes, how strange. It is a rainy, January Sunday. Oh well, better than the white stuff!

As I sat with my applique and coffee this morning, I had the thought that I would be happy just sitting back and continuing with the hand-stitching all day.  I may be slightly influenced by Kathy over on her blog, Kathy's Quilts. She advocates a bit of hand-stitching on a Sunday to help slow down the busy pace of life. Well, my only difference is that I like to start every day like this!

Kathy is asking other bloggers to post a picture today of their hands doing some stitching.

Here is my hand working on some circles. I really thought I should be almost done this project since I've been working on it pretty steady. I'll have to do a count.

In the background are some pieces being prepared for my next couple of Flower Garden blocks. I may just put them aside to be packed up for my quilting retreat next weekend. I've never gone on a real retreat. I have no idea of how much sewing to take, but I'm pretty sure the answer to that is to take more than I think I can do....Heaven forbid I should run out!

Have a great day and I hope your day will include poking a few stitches into a project!

10 comments:

  1. have fun at your retreat, I have never gone on one but I would say also take more than you need just in case-also that way if you get tired of one project you can switch to another - love those colors you are working on in the photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to start my days with hand quilting too! In the summer I applique and often start my day in the garden. It doesn't get better than that! Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are going to have sooo much fun at retreat!
    Love the photo of your hand... you wear your thimble on your ring finger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my ring finger has always naturally been my "pushing" finger.

      Thanks for the incentive to try to do the "linky" thing! I've never done it before!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome... it was a lot of fun, so I'll try to think of an idea for February.

      Delete
  4. Your applique is beautiful! I'm hoping to star a Flower Garden of my own soon! Yours are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy yourself at the retreat! They are always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of some quiet stitching in the mornings. I'm not a morning person at all, can't talk and can't think before 11am, but I think some stitching might be just the thing to get me going - thanks for the inspiration! Love the colours in the quilt you're making and I hope you have lots of fun on your retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your retreat, I have been on a few and loved every minute. Yes, take lots of hand and machine sewing, also take a good book, stretch out and relax, it's a "you" weekend! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your retreat. I have never been to one either. I could work all day every day on stitching projects. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete