Wednesday 14 January 2015

Is it Spring yet?

As I'm sitting writing this, I'm facing the front window and seeing a lovely sunrise. It looks like a Christmas card out there with the covering of snow and the big pine tree dusted with the white stuff. Ok, enough of that! I'm looking forward to Spring already....I hate being cooped up, although it would probably help to put a positive spin on it. There's no reason not to bundle up and enjoy the great outdoors, I just am not motivated to do so, I guess.

Something I do like to do in Winter is to try new recipes....and Pinterest has sure helped with that. This week, though, I concocted my own new salad. It was inspired by a bit of salad I bought from the deli at my local supermarket. I'm not sure why I bought it as I find deli salads usually too strong in vinegar. I've had a "new to me" ingredient in the house....Orzo. I'm not really sure what to do with it, but I did throw some into a soup last week and liked how it didn't get all starchy. Here's my salad...


I cooked the orzo and just added some chopped grape tomatoes, olives, red pepper, feta and Greek salad dressing. It turned out yummy and I'm thinking it could be changed up somehow to have an Italian flavour, also.

I've been quite distracted this week by the new pup. I think I finally know his name...he's Cooper. I've always wanted a Mini Cooper and now, in a way, I have one. He's cute and comical and will be a good chum for me. So far he weighs all of 2.3 pounds. I worked a bit on the longarm yesterday and was afraid he'd be terrified....but all was good.

I'd better get to work now, I predict many feathers in my future...


2 comments:

  1. Copper it is! The name suits him.
    The feathers look great! It also suits the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my how beautiful those feathers look.......Cooper looks so cute.....what a fluff ball.....

    hugs and stitches

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete