Monday 19 January 2015

Modern quilting....

I finished quilting this quilt lately. I am so happy with how it turned out! I can't take all the credit since the client knew exactly what she wanted. I enjoyed doing it and would never have thought to just quilt a quilt with staggered straight lines, but I hope I get an opportunity to do it again because it is striking....

Also, on the weekend I finished quilting a Round Robin for a friend of mine, I hope she likes it!

I've had a couple of custom-quilted jobs this month and I have a couple more to come, but I think today I'll take a breather and work on an edge-to-edge quilt....and if there's time after that I have to start getting projects ready to take on retreat later this week!

Our guild in Vittoria has a UFO challenge going on this year. Each guild member was asked to submit a list of five UFO's and they were allotted points depending on how much work was involved to get each project done. The guild has been divided up into three teams and the points of the UFO's completed by May 2015 will count towards points for your team.  I would like to work on at two of my UFO's on my list during the upcoming retreat.

One of the UFO's is not a big quilt, and it's been cut out, but that's all. It's a pattern I purchased from Victoria Gertenbach who writes a blog, The Silly BooDilly. The pattern is Raise The Barn Roof High...and here is a picture of it....



I've been wanting to have time to work on this wallhanging for a few months, so am excited to be able to start next weekend!

I think I'd like to make some serious headway, also, on what has been my leaders/enders project for a few years. I think I'm finally getting bored of it and would like to get it together so I can start on something new. I'll show some of that later this week though!

Have a great day!

P.S. Here's a little bit of cuteness to start the day....


2 comments:

  1. Cooper is adorable. I know a good groomer if you are looking for one.
    Have a great day! Diane xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting so excited to be going to a Quilt Retreat! So many projects...... which one or two shall I take?? Cooper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete