Wednesday 1 April 2015

Happy April!

Saying that's April really makes it feel like Spring to me. Winter is nice, but by this time of year I'm looking forward to playing in the garden!

I started my day early with a bit of reverse applique, which I don't seem to do very often but it gives a nice effect.

Here is a piece in progress...


....and appliqued to Auntie Green's Garden....

So, with reverse applique the centre of this "bud" is recessed, not appliqued on top of the green fabric. It's a nice way to give a piece dimension, especially when doing windows on an appliqued house.

Lately, a friend of mine had lots of fun being a pattern-tester for a magazine. When I read on a blog I read, Pretty Bobbins, that Gemma needed volunteers to test her paper-pieced block pattern, I thought "why not?"!

Gemma is encouraging sharing the process on our blogs, so I will! Paper-piecing is not my strong suit, so perhaps that makes me a good tester, lol. I'll have fun picking out fabrics because I'm sure a lot of the other testers will be using Australian-type fabrics, so I will try to use something different.

Well, I'd better head up to the sewing room. I want to have a productive morning so I can go out to play with my girlfriends this afternoon!

Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. I know you will have a great afternoon! Love the effect of reverse applique.

    ReplyDelete