Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter!

At least I think it's Easter....a friend just wished me Merry Christmas, says it may as well be Christmas with the pretty snowfall we're experiencing today!

I think it will be a quiet day with a bit of stitching on my applique project this afternoon, Auntie Green's Garden....

I've been working on the upper left corner this week. It's looking a bit pink to me, I'll have to watch out for that when I move onto the lower left corner.

Check over at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today!

I'm looking forward to the coming "quilty" week. I have a guild meeting in Hagersville on Monday evening, guild meeting on Tuesday afternoon in Vittoria and a possible quilty outing Thursday evening.....how lucky to spend time with people that love quilting as I do!

I actually didn't have my usual morning routine of applique and coffee this morning. We used a Wagjag coupon to have a night away at a lovely hotel in Niagara last night. Part of the deal included a discount at their fine-dining restaurant, a coupon for the spa, etc. I took advantage of it and got a great massage.....wish it was in the budget to do this on a regular basis!

We also went to a couple of wineries while we were in the neighbourhood. We had never been to Crown Bench Estates before and were impressed with their ice wines. We actually bought a couple. One of them is combining the sweetness of ice wine with five different types of hot peppers....they named it Hot Ice......

I'll just say that this is very unique and soooo good! They also had one that was infused with chocolate that was excellent. I think we'll definitely be back there when we have our visitors here for the wedding in July.

I think Cooper forgives us for being away for the night, he was all wiggles when we got in!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Auntie Green's Garden is looking good! Your get away sounds so relaxing and the Hot Ice mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is stunning, not plucked up the courage to do a big applique quilt yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little getaway is always a nice treat! Your applique project looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Green is such a beautiful pattern and yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Applique project is beautiful ! Have fun on your quilt adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect outing!
    Your project looks awesome!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete