Sunday 26 April 2015

Peaceful stitches

I haven't had a lot of time to devote to sitting down to post on my blog lately....it seems there are not enough hours in the day lately for all that needs doing.

I do still take time for myself early in the morning to do a bit of hand-stitching....I like that it's the one constant in life that I can depend on!

I started a new block in my "Life is Beautiful". It's embroidered using variegated floss, which is lovely. Recently, on Kathy's blog at Kathy's Quilts, she was trying to use the floss in a manner which accentuated parts of the block, so I thought I'd give it a try. I used some of the brighter strands in the middle of the roses, etc. Not sure if it's too noticeable but here's a picture...

I think I'll do this a little more in future blocks....but sparingly since I do love the randomness of the variegation also!

This morning I also finished up another Flower Garden block and I really like this one! It's one of the larger blocks and was fun to do....but they are all fun blocks! Maybe this week I'll get all the blocks up on the design wall to see how things are progressing.



It's been a disruptive couple of weeks. We are going thru' a bathroom renovation, so the house is a mess and seems filthy with dust. That's ok, though, it's coming along nicely and will soon be done. We'll be doing some of the finishing up stuff ourselves....to save money but also because I enjoy the painting, etc. I let my daughter pick the paint colour and I have to say it's a little scary!, but I'll go with it.....it's only paint!

I love the floor and vanity. No countertop yet, but here's how it's looking at the moment....

The walls are quite damaged from the removal of the chair-rail and I'm a bit anxious on how that's going to look in then end.

Check in on Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today. Kathy has an especially beautiful post today on a beading class she took this week!

Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. I love what I see so far on your bathroom reno. We lived through one about 8 years ago (at our previous house) ... it was so worth it in the end. I'd love to redo our bathrooms in this house, but the house is only 7 years old, so I can't justify the cost yet. ;-)

    Love both flowers you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is very pretty. I look forward to seeing all those pretty blocks on the design wall. Good luck with the bathroom reno. It will be finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so right with the bathroom flooring, Beautiful! Love your flower garden, I'm looking forward to getting back to mine.

    ReplyDelete