Friday 10 April 2015

Garam Masala

First off, an update on yesterday's post.....shoe shopping was very successful!! A special thanks to my personal shoppers, J & C....and a little girl who's eyes opened wide at the sight of all the shoes.....lol, another shoe-lover is born!

Lunch at Twisted Lemon was lovely, as always. The flavours they come up with are phenomenal, I always find myself sitting there with my eyes closed just savouring the mixture of flavours. Yesterday's soup of the day was Garam Masala. I love ordering a soup of the day, and I have to admit that I couldn't resist this one for the simple fact that it's one of those words that I just love to say out loud....Garam Masala.

Somewhere else I may not have ordered this soup. It's made with butternut squash and eggplant and, of course, Garam Masala. I think up to now in my life I've avoided eggplant, just the thought turns me off, but I do find myself going out of my comfort zone at Twisted Lemon, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

This morning I completed another block from Life is Beautiful...

....and I'll try to prepare another one today.

I attended a meeting at the Brant Heritage Guild last night as I was tagging along with a good friend who was presenting her trunk show. What a nice bunch of ladies and, I must say, what a great trunk show....seems like my friend is comfortable in relating her quilting journey as she did such a professional talk!

Came home to quite a thunderstorm afterwards. It was Cooper's first one and I must say it was a little comical watching his reaction!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment