Monday 9 February 2015

Is it Spring yet?????

What a busy time around here lately! Lots of custom quilting going on....I've barely had time for anything else. I'm not complaining, mind you....I'll just be ready for some "edge-to-edge" quilting next week!

I recently finished quilting a beautiful applique quilt which was made up of provincial flowers. There was a challenge since the client wanted maple leafs quilted in the fabric that was between the blocks. They turned out pretty good...although a couple of them could be mistaken for holly, perhaps. Here's a pic of one of the blocks (I'm not going to post a picture of the whole quilt, yet, since she hasn't got her quilt back yet)...

Another important custom quilt is on the go now. I'll just show you a teaser picture, all will be revealed at a later time, for reasons I'm not able to divulge at the moment.......sorry :(


On a food note....Last evening we had a lovely roast chicken dinner. For a side dish, I threw carrots, parsnips and turnips into the ActiFry. I seasoned them with Old Bay.

Near the end of the cooking time I  put in a dollop of butter. What a great dish of roast vegetables, we'll definitely be doing this again. Every piece was perfectly done, not like when you do it in the oven and some pieces could be overly crispy, etc., and no having to turn the veggies since the machine does it for you. Am I a fan of the ActiFry....you bet! Later this week we'll be making Tandoori Chicken, another awesome dish done in the "hairdryer".

On top of being busy with quilting this past week or so, we are also having a bit of a scare with my dad's health, so if everyone could send a little prayer his way I'm sure he'd appreciate it. To throw more into the mix, we are expecting company from Alberta this week. I'd like to say "it never rains, but it pours", but looking out my front window as I'm typing this, surely there must be an appropriate phrase with all that white stuff going on out there???? I just came in from shoveling and I have to admit, I had a little dream of Cuba in my head.

Have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. You have told me many good recipes for the ActiFry, that I can hardly wait to get mine! Prayers are sent for your Dad! Beautiful quilts displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, I hope things work out for your dad. It is so hard to suffer through their health problems when they have always been the 'big people' in your life.
    ps- your comment on my blog came in as a 'no-reply' blogger, which prevents a reply coming back to you. If you go to your profile, put a check in the 'show email' box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen, but I can't see where I would do this. :(

      Delete