Sunday 22 February 2015

Dracula

On Saturday we took my grandson to the Binbrook Little Theatre to see Dracula-the Panto. I love that we can give him an experience outside of the norm of video games. This is our second time taking him to such a production and he loved it! He's the perfect age for this.

Before last year I didn't really know what this type of "pantomime" was, evidently they are quite the thing in the UK. The audience is encouraged to interact with the entertainment....for example, whenever Dracula came on stage, we would all boo him, and he would face the audience and shout back at us....the kids loved it!

Also, it is traditional in panto's to have a lot of gender switching...the character, Jack, was played by girl around 11 years old. The chefs, Steak and Kidney, were teenage girls playing the part of the male characters. The character that got some of the most reaction was the mother figure, Rosie Glow. Here is a picture I got afterwards with her/him....

And, here I am with Dracula...

...played by a talented young woman! A good time was had by all!

This week I quilted up a beautiful baby girl quilt. I love the fabric and colour choices and will try something like this in the future when the need arises...


Now, to get up and about and decide whether it will be an Ikea day or not....the scene out my window just makes me want to disappear into my sewing room for the day!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment