Saturday 2 May 2015

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

What a glorious day it will be today....so nice to be able to spend time outdoors!

This week I was happy to have a limb taken down from a tree in my backyard. It's worried me for a while that it may come crashing down so I feel much relief that it's finally done. It was such an interesting process, the tree guys had such a system to do the job using ropes and leverage...I never imagined this was how they do there work!

Here's a picture of them gently lowering the branch to the ground after having trimmed all the smaller branches from it. Another bonus is that the poor little tree that used to be in the shadow of this large Silver Maple can now flourish!


I was going to attend the quilt show in Guelph today but I think I'll have to stay home to do some stuff that needs doing instead! I'm kinda torn, because I hear the birds out my window and the sun is shining so bright, just luring me out to a trip to the show!...but I know if I go I'll be thinking of how productive a day can be had here.

Firstly, I hope this weekend to finish my Sunburst! It is coming along so nicely and I really do think it will be ready for Tuesday's guild meeting.





I'm linking up to WIP's  Be Gone and you can take a look at other quilters' journeys using the button on the right of my post! It's encouraging to see other quilter's making progress in their old UFO's!

Another project for the weekend will be to try and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. My bathroom reno is coming along nicely but we've had a bit of a disaster with the walls! I'm not too worried because it's work I know how to do....but I just want to go play in the backyard, lol.

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment