Tuesday 19 May 2015

Embracing chaos....

Well, it seems like I've been on a brief hiatus between blog posts!

Life is such a whirlwind lately, what with getting a garden established, wedding preparations and winding down on a bathroom renovation.

As I was sitting doing a bit of embroidery on my Life is Beautiful with my coffee this morning, I took a moment to reflect on the message of the block....Life is divine chaos, embrace it. So, that's what I'm going to do....grab this whirlwind life by the tail and run with it!

I did get some progress on the bathroom walls this weekend. There are a couple of "problem" areas and my contractor seems to have deserted me! I think he had no idea of how to make these problems go away.....so I'll just have to do my best. I am starting to see the end in sight, though, and that's wonderful.

I took a bit of time last week to start assembling my Circle quilt. I really wanted it to be together and custom quilted in time for my trunk show in June but that's not a realistic expectation! The new deadline for this quilt will be to have it done for the Fall fair...that's much more do-able!

Here's a picture of it on the design wall coming together....I love it!....

I also want to share a picture of a quilt that was on the longarm last week. I like house quilts and this one was nicely done with a contemporary feel....






It's another busy day here, with a trip to the city and hopefully start a new quilt on the longarm, but I am determined to find an hour to prepare some applique! I haven't had any applique to work on for the last week since the difficult thing for me is to get the prep work done. Luckily, it's easy to have a bit of embroidery to do at a moment's notice.

Have a great day, and remember to embrace the chaos!


3 comments:

  1. Did you get the walls painted? I think it is going to look fabulous when done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete