Sunday 1 May 2016

Slow Stitching

How funny this quilty life is!

 I've realised that I may have taken on some quilting projects that I don't love, so it could be time to cut them loose....just to give myself a break! There are too many beautiful quilts to be made. It doesn't make sense to me to be working on some just because you happen to have started them. 

But as soon as I make that decision, another project tempts me!

I've had a pattern by Jen Kingwell for a while now and wasn't sure when I'd ever get around to it. It's called Sweet Greens and Beans.


Haven't I stumbled across a Facebook "support group" that is just starting this quilt together!!! What's a girl to do? (don't answer...rhetorical question!)

We'll see...if it's an easy-going time-frame maybe I'll take part.

It's been a first-time sleepover at Grandma's for my grandson. I'm sure I'll need a nap this afternoon! I'll just have to push on thru' though for a couple of days as there are some very busy days ahead!

I'm preparing for my trunk show at the Hagersville Guild on Monday evening. So, this afternoon will be spent packing up my quilts. It should have been done by now but the days are going by much to fast. 

Then there is the new Tai Chi classes to fit into the schedule! We've been to a couple now....and quite enjoying it! I'm a little achey, but it's a good kind of ache.

I did take some time on Friday during my lunch break to prep the next border of FlowerGarden. It was a toss-up whether this would be next to work on or AuntieGreen'sGarden. It doesn't really matter which...I've set myself a goal of having them done for the Fair in 2017, so no problem!, (she says confidently, lol!).

I've neglected my hearts for the Quilty365/Year in My Life this month. This is definitely not a project that I want to let go by the wayside!

I don't have any rows of hearts sewn on since last time I reported in...
...but I do have a stack of hearts waiting to be appliqued...
I do love the horse fabric on this one!
My goal for May will be to catch up with my hearts. I'm still loving this quilt and the process.

I'm linking up with Audrey at Quilty Folk to see how others are doing on their Quilty365 blocks.

I have a few blocks to do to get up-to-date with my Splendid Sampler, but I did manage to get an easy one done while waiting for my grandson on Saturday. This one is called Lina's Gift by Pat Sloan...
Today was not a usual day for some slow stitching with my coffee since my grandson has my attention. 

I did manage to do a wee bit on my Rowdy Flat Library Quilt, though!
I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts so we can check out what others are working on today.

I'm also linking up with Cynthia's post over at Oh Scrap!

Looking back, this post seems a bit choppy, but the best I can do while having a wee break while babysitting!

Have a great day!



30 comments:

  1. Looks like even Audrey got behind this month so enjoy your catch up ! Lovely projects, all !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand about having so many beautiful quilts you want to make. I am trying to be much more selective so I can see what I start through to the finish. Your hearts quilt is gorgeous - makes me wish I used hearts - maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There ARE way too many lovely quilts to make!!!

      Delete
  3. Love your fussy cut horses! Those hearts look great! Such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even though I've fallen behind this month, I'm determined to not let this quilt get "lost".

      Delete
  4. Love the name "Rowdy Flat Library Quilt".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I'll have to look into what it means!

      Delete
  5. I understand the difficulty of sewing with grandchildren. I think you did great!
    Kathleen Mary
    Kathysnest32.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Jen Kingwell design... definitely start that!
    And your heart blocks just waiting for some attention looks irresistible to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! It seems to be the consensus of the blogging world that I must start the Jen Kingwell, so I guess that's that!

      Delete
  7. Sweet Greens and Beans looks like so much Fun! I can't imagine you giving up any of your projects. They are all beautiful!! I enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have so much on the go and so many tempting projects to begin... :D You have to go for the Jen Kingwell don't you - I mean it would be rude not to! Glad to hear I'm not the only one behind on quilty365 - I'm so far behind I don't know what to do :/ Your hearts are looking wonderful. And I'm glad to hear the Tai Chi's off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the message, Stephie....it seems to bee a consensus that the Jen Kingwell quilt must be made!

      Delete
  9. You have some lovely projects on the go. I didn't go for the 365 quilt but seeing your hearts I definately wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great versions of the Quilty365! You can start yours anytime and just carry on for the next year. All of us doing it didn't start at the same time!

      Delete
  10. Your variety of projects are so pretty. Work on what you enjoy and let the others go. Enjoy your stitching and your time with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects all; it can be hard to decide what takes priority, I agree! I've never managed to combine sewing and babysitting so I just concentrate on the grandchild yet I could sew for hours when my own children were young. Funny that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've wondered how I managed to get so much done when my children were young, also.

      Delete
  12. I have been re-evaluating a few of my projects too. But i am glad you are continuing to work on your heart quilt and your Splendid Sampler. I really love those. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I've told friends a couple of times that just because you start something doesn't mean you have to finish it! It's very freeing when you can give yourself permission to let it go, I think.

      Delete
  13. I'm behind on my Quilty 365's, too. Hoping to catch up soon!
    I'd love to see you start that Jen Kingwell quilt, mainly so I can enjoy it vicariously... 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that settles it, I must do this quilt then! lol

      Delete
  14. So many quilts in our dreams but always so little time! That horse fabric is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your hearts look fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of great progress! Love that block with the horses.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! You have beautiful projects going on! It's better we do what we enjoy and if some project doesn't make us happy, no need to stuck on that. I'm very behind with my quilty 365 but don't give up! Posting soon about that. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you have a lot of lovely projects happening at your place.

    ReplyDelete