Sunday 18 October 2015

Where did Summer go???

 I swear it feels like we were enjoying lovely Summer weather just a couple of weeks ago!.....and, yet, I drove thru' two snow flurries yesterday!

I guess that's Canada, lol, and the different seasons are one of the reasons I love it....but I could have done with a bit more Summer.

Enough about that!!

Another thing to be glad about being Canadian is our right to vote....                                                           

After such a long campaign, I think it will be an interesting day tomorrow!

I wanted to make it up to Waterloo yesterday for their quilt show.....but I had plans that were awesome!

I was asked to join a group of women that enjoy a weekend cottage retreat together regularly. They invited me to share some of what I know about hand-applique. I had a great assistant in my friend, Terry, and we had such a fun day. So much fun that I forgot to ask the women if I could take a couple of pictures :(

I'll have to remember six months down the road to ask if any of them have stuck with this peaceful hobby! I think I'll guess 4 out of the 6 of them, that would make for a successful class, I think.

Today I have to finish up a quilt that will be heading off to Houston this week. Hopefully three hours will do it, then I can enjoy the rest of the weekend with perhaps a trip to Waterford for their Pumpkinfest. I've never been....and honestly don't really think it will happen today, but we'll see.

Of course, I started my day with a little bit of stitching. This morning I was determined to change-up the flower in my Auntie Green's Garden that has bothered me. Not fun, really, having to go back and make a change, but I feel better now.

Here it was before....

....and after.....

Actually, seeing the pictures now, the original wasn't so bad maybe, but it's done now....no more changes!

Have a visit with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are hand-stitching today!

Have a great day!






9 comments:

  1. I like the red on the flower better than the green print. The unsewing was worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your applique work is just lovely! Some day I will get better at needleturn. I like the change too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful applique. Your hand stitching is great. Have fun at Pumpkin Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you and Terry converted the retreaters to applique! It is a wonderful and peaceful skill to have. I know that flower has bothered you for quite a while, I know you will be happy with it now. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both versions of your flowers :)
    So wonderful to pass on you love of hand stitching to others... hope they continue on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both flowers are very pretty but the new one makes me smile. What a great thing to pass along a skill for others to try. I am self taught at everything... would have loved to have someone to show me how to do things. Enjoy your stitching and the snow flurries (pretty warm here in Florida still although I am really enjoying some windy 77 F temps today.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique is pretty and traditional. What fun to be able to share your skill. I go on my first daytime retreat month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green patterned fabric gives that flower a whole lot of movement. I love it.

    ReplyDelete