Sunday 20 September 2015

Sunday stitches

The last Sunday of Summer 2015....I know we probably say this every year, but summer sure seemed to go fast!

I started my day out by working a little on my Flower Garden. And, I know I probably say this every Sunday, but I wish I could just sit and applique all day today. It really is my form of meditation every morning.  Earlier this week my sister commented that I should try to stay up later at night so I could sleep in. Well, that wouldn't work, as I know very well that I would still be an early bird. What she just doesn't understand is that I love that first bit of time to my day. In fact, I consider it important. To each his own!

I have a few birds to applique on the top border, then it will be done....

This week I worked hard on one of my own quilts as I would like it done in time for the local Fair. I did finish it yesterday, except for the binding, and I'm quite happy with the results. What a lot of fun I had quilting this one!

Have a great day....and check out what others are working on today at Kathy's Quilts!


17 comments:

  1. Both of your projects look fantastic. Hope to see them finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Flower Garden will take a while, but hopefully by Spring2016

      Delete
  2. Oh some very pretty eye candy in both pictures! You do beautiful work indeed. I am an early riser also and love to start my day with some stitches. I agree to each his own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I couldn't be the only one who appreciates the early part of the day!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful colors in your applique! I want to see the whole thing. Your quilting is amazing. Enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting has brought life to your circle quilt! Beautiful
    I am amazed at your applique! You do lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting...wow! I love the colours in your appliqué too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your color selections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilting just changed the who look of the project. The plain circles came to life. That border is a show stopper. That is amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing border quilting. Your hard work shows so very nicely! I would love to try this some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilting on that quilt border is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many times, I would like to sew all day. Totally understand your desire to sew in the morning. I do neater work and enjoy it more when I am fresh. Love your bright fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your precious peaceful moments... they are the highlights of life I think :)
    Your quilting looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete