Sunday 6 September 2015

My blooming Hibiscus

What a nice lazy start to the Sunday of a long weekend! I may decide to do a bit more stitching today just "because".

It's been a lot of fun working on the first border of my Flower Garden quilt. There are a lot of interesting little animals to applique.

The first of four little foxes....


A cat lounging beneath the sun....

....and a funky little rooster.....

This quilt sure doesn't get boring to work on!

We have been in the middle of a heat wave and some of my newer plants in the garden may be suffering a little bit, but not my hibiscus! I've never seen it so big or with so many buds and blooms...

I love the size of the blooms...probably 9" wide.....


Visit Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts to see what others are working on today!

Have a great Labour Day weekend!


7 comments:

  1. I'm also loving your border! Your hibiscus is doing a beautiful job of adding colour to your garden. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bloom on your hibicus. Maybe one needs to added to your quilt. Love all the folky animals, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your applique animals. Where did you get the patterns for the animals? Material is just right for the kitty!! Beautiful hibiscus and big! Linda in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That appliqué quilt looks very interesting...maybe you will have to write an I Spy poem to go with it! I have those same huge hibiscus flowers in my yard and they are blooming too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun little creatures to stitch... definitely not a boring project to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading these posts and seeing your work is so inspirational Sandra. I understand the passion you have, but I just wish I could get some more excitement about my projects. I think my answer is to read your blog and look at your work more often...like a couple times a day;-) . I'm off to do some wool applique. Your work is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete