Wednesday 22 June 2016

Babies and Puppies and Weeds, Oh my!

So much going on in our little part of the world lately!

On Tuesday we welcomed the newest addition to the family, my grandson, Lachlan!

Everyone is happy and healthy! But how can time have flown so fast? This seems like only yesterday!.....

Of course, I have made a quilt for Lachlan...it just need quilting. I think I've put it off because I'm not happy with it. Oh well, he'll receive plenty of quilts in the future!

We have another wee one due in November. I know I want to try something a bit more modern, inspired by my visit to Quilt Canada last week.

As luck would have it, I've come across a Quilt-along that starts this week and the quilt is done in many sizes so I will join along and have a baby quilt in the end. I think I'll do mine in Kona Solids.

The quilt is called Summer Solstice and you can see it here at Happy Quilting. Maybe you'll even want to join along!

I also have a "button" over to the right of the post to take you there.

I've been making progress on the right border of my FlowerGarden. I have the leaves appliqued and the long stem basted on. I'm so happy to be back to this quilt.
Hmm, I said long stem, but it doesn't look like it in the picture! This is a short segment, the rest of the vine is about 60" long!

I have to say, lately I've been having more and more qualms about using the Frixion pens for my applique. They are soooo nice to use but I am on the look-out for the next best thing. Any recommendations would by greatly appreciated!

I love how the perennial garden changes from week to week. Two weeks ago everything was purple. The colour of the week this week is white. 

Included in the white flowers is this invasive weed...

Usually I yank this out as it tends to choke the intended plants in the garden, but I'll leave them a few days because they are kind of pretty. I guess it's a matter of perspective....because I didn't plant this, it is considered a weed....if I had purposely bought it as a groundcover I'd be so happy with the results!!! 

Puppy update

Today the pups are three weeks old. On these nice warm days, we've been taking them outside a bit so they can stretch their legs.

I took Minnie to the vet yesterday. One thing I was told was to maybe buy some puppy milk to give to the pups as a bit of a reprieve for Minnie.

Here they are trying it for the first time. Well, to honest, this is a picture of them falling asleep on the edge of the dish after they had taken a few sips...


Adorable!

I am linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts for her linky party, "Let's Bee Social".

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment