Sunday 7 June 2015

Sunday stitches...

What a lovely weekend! Beautiful sunny days, yet still a bit chilly for June. Not complaining, mind you....to me this is close to perfection!

We've been so busy getting ready for the backyard wedding...which, in one month, will be in the past! It seems like time is going at warp speed. Will everything get done on time?....perhaps....perhaps not! I'm determined, though, to enjoy it despite the fact that I may not get that final "problem" solved in the bathroom reno, or remember to get the dust bunnies from under the couch, or get the gate painted....and on and on and on, lol.

I will say that I have some awesome friends who have stepped up to lend me their special talents. I'm not proud, I'll accept the help! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

We are taking a bit of time to enjoy this first weekend in June. Yesterday I enjoyed a lovely afternoon in Port Dover taking in a play at the Lighthouse Theatre with my sister and nephew. Such an atmosphere in Dover on such a wonderful Summer Saturday....nothing like it!

Today we will try a Sunday brunch in Brantford at a restaurant we haven't been to before. So, all-in-all, a nice weekend of de-stressing.

Of course, I still start my day with a cup of coffee and a bit of hand-stitching. The last couple of days I've worked on this block of my Flower Garden...

I wasn't sure I was going to like doing the frond-like leaves or how they would look in the end, but I'm quite happy with it so I'll leave it. I had thought that if  I couldn't get the tips of the fronds sewn down nice enough I would applique a little circle on the end of each one instead. Hmm, now that I've typed that it still sounding like a good idea. Any opinions on that?

Today is a good day to check on Kathy's Quilts to see what everyone else is stitching on.

Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Circles would look fun on the ends...do you like stitching circles?
    It's all about the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like circles now. They were the hardest thing for me to master til I bought a book by the Piece o' Cake ladies. My secret is to do it one stitch at a time, and make that stitch a good one!

      Delete
  2. I would wait until the rest of the block is finished and then test out the circles to see how you like them. Pretty block so far!

    ReplyDelete